Great Doddington Village Preschool is a registered CIO (Charitable Incorporated Organisation) and is operated by a voluntary committee board in partnership with the managers and staff of the setting. We have a very loyal community who enable the setting to thrive though supportive volunteering and fundraising efforts throughout the year. The children attending are aged between 2 and 4 years old and predominantly learn through play with a passion for outdoor learning.
If you feel that this describes you and you want to take on either of these new, exciting roles with Great Doddington Village Preschool then please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We welcome volunteer helpers who are able to come and support the staff and children. This provides us with valuable support to help the children and staff at Preschool. We have regular parent, grandparent and local members of the community currently volunteering. If you are interested in this, please contact us to discuss further.
Ongoing – no closing date.
Fundraising and Volunteer Lead – Volunteer Committee Role
Great Doddington Village Preschool is looking for suitable applicants to fulfil a volunteer position within the Committee Board.
What are we looking for?
We are seeking an enthusiastic and driven individual to join the Volunteer Committee Board working alongside the Chairperson, Secretary and Treasurer of the board as well as the management and staff of Preschool. Organisation, drive and excellent communication skills are vital in this role to bring together the team, parents, children whom attend and the wider community to achieve the goals set out in the Fundraising and Volunteer Plan. The role is very rewarding offering regular opportunity to realise the benefits you enable through providing equipment, experiences and support to Preschool.
To work within our Volunteer Committee Board, leading the Fundraising and Volunteer initiatives and team, working closely with Managers and Staff at Preschool.
- Review all previous years fundraising and volunteer activities and make recommendations for improvements for new academic year.
- Work with management team and Volunteer Committee Board to determine annual targets for volunteer hours and fundraising.
- Identify new potential income streams and produce strategies to access these funds.
- Manage an effective fundraising team that delivers volunteering hours and fundraising income, meeting set targets.
- Revise and update current fundraising and volunteer plan. Make improvements as appropriate for effective and accurate planning and tracking.
- Develop an annual calendar for the committee’s activities, including critical dates, milestones and required board actions.
- Engage in promotion and networking of Preschool and the Committee.
- Participate in annual special events and other fundraising activities.
- Track and report progress toward fundraising goals to the Board on a minimum monthly basis.
- Monitor & support fundraising efforts to be sure that ethical practices are in place, that donors are acknowledged appropriately, and that fundraising efforts are cost-effective.
- Provide report annually for the Annual General Meeting (AGM).
Closing date for applications: ongoing
Great Doddington Village Preschool is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Safer recruitment practice and pre-employment checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed. This post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.